When you complete the workshop, you will...
• be able to list the rights of copy
• describe the difference between © and ℗
• trace the royalty streams resulting from employment of various copyrights and know how and where to collect them
• organize your song catalogues and register your works properly
• know some dos and don’ts for building lasting industry relationships
• understand Nashville specific practices such as: showcasing, demoing & strategic team building on Music Row
When: Fall 2012, date TBA.
Where: The Songwriting School of Los Angeles
Tuition: $75. Cost includes 50+ page workbook covering the materials of the workshop and the songwriter business tasks you will take into your own professional approach to your songwriting after the workshop
About our featured lecturer Amanda Williams:
After years of research and development, Grammy-nominated songwriter and Berklee honored graduated Amanda Williams has crafted a unique set of programs for writers who need to learn the ins and outs of the industry. “So many new songwriters come to town with stars in their eyes and be-come quickly discouraged because they don't know what to do next. [The workshop] offers songwriters the tools and structure to build upon for future success.”
Amanda feels lucky that she was able to learn songwriting by “sitting at the feet of the masters,” watching her dad, Kim pen hit after hit with his co-writers. She developed her workshops and publishing company, Hillbilly Culture Club, to offer that same opportu-nity to aspiring songwriters everywhere.
In addition to her work as a Grammy-nominated writer and her degree from the Berklee College of Music, what else makes Amanda Williams such an expert?
Her father, Kim Williams is a luminary among Nashville songwriters. At last count, Kim’s Catalog has produced 16 #1s and 28 top 10s and could be found on 154 million RIAA certified CDs, tapes, and videos. In 1994, Kim won the ASCAP Country Songwriter of the Year Award. He has won 24 ASCAP Awards in all and: one ACM, one CMA, one CCMA, one NSAI, and one Dove award.