To see a full list of courses, including dates and tuition amounts, or to register for one or more classes, click the big blue button below.
To have someone contact you personally to discuss your best plan of study, please call 818-848-7664 OR fill out this form.
Logic Pro 9 is a songwriter’s dream! More than any other software recording application, Logic Pro 9 comes complete with everything you need to write, arrange, and mix to achieve a great song production in any genre. In December 2011, Apple reduced the retail price from $499 to $199 for the full version of Logic Pro 9 Studio. There has never been a better time to add this amazing creative tool to your toolbox.
You can record real singers and players, use a wide array of software instruments, utilize a large library of Apple Loops, and mix with an excellent palette of EQs, compressors, reverbs, delays, guitar amp and stomp box simulations, etc. Not to mention LP9’s fantastic Flex audio that allows you to change the tempos of recorded audio in real time.
Learn from Jay Asher, composer, songwriter, Apple Certified Trainer Level 2, and author of Going Pro With Logic Pro 8 and Going Pro With Logic Pro 9.
Special added service of this class: we record Jay's desktop and audio so that students can make an appointment to come to the lab during the week to
- review materials from the previous week
- make up class material in the event you must miss a class
- Advanced automation and signal flow with auxes.
- Logic Pro 9's amazing Flex Audio and Varispeed
- Logic's amazing and little understood Sculpture string modeled synthesizer.
- Using Sidechain compression and Logic's Evoc Vocorder
- Logic Pro 9's Amp Designer and Pedalboard.
- Track Importing, new in Logic Pro 9.
- Working with other songwriters who also use Logic.
- (opt.) Preparing simple parts for musicians with Logic's Score Editor
- more advanced mixing and mastering approaches
Unlike Certified Apple Pro Training classes, Song Creation with Logic Pro 9 will be geared specifically to the enrolled songwriters and their specific abilities and needs. Jay will adapt the clear curricular goals to the interests and experience level in the class.
We admire Jay for his enthusiasm, his passion for teaching, and his hunger to learn as a fellow creative person. We are honored to offer the only class of its kind that we know of--teaching this amazing, flexible software specifically from the perspective of the creative needs and applications of songwriters, composers, and producers. You are going to love this class!
Introductory Pricing! There are two pricing tiers, for those who want to use School equipment and for those who want to bring their own.
- Logic Pro 9 software, installed and licensed and updated (note: you must have LP9 installed if you are bringing your own computer!; you may use Logic Express 9, recognizing that your version may not have all the sounds covered in the course)
- portable MIDI control surface/keyboard; The Songwriting School uses M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboards or Oxygen 8 Keyboards
- Price: Use School equipment, $399. Bring your own, $349.
- Enroll here now as space is limited.